San Francisco, CA
Supply – Supply - North America - West
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a Market Manager to help us do just that. As a Market Manager, you'll be able to take chances, innovate on our product and be an integral part of building a world-class company.
Our product is the world's first 100% mobile hotel booking app, and you'll be working with hotels within a particular region to make sure we are always bringing our users the best deals at the coolest hotels around.
This a great opportunity to run your own market and be accountable for your own work. You will be working as part of our Global Supply team to partner with top rated hotels and rapidly roll out operations for multiple destinations on the West Coast. You will have the freedom to design, execute and adjust the strategies needed to grow the performance of your market. You are the expert; and what we will achieve, will depend on your work.
Do you want to impact the business from day one and be able to influence the performance of the market and HotelTonight? Join our dynamic and fun team!
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Successfully complete a training program that will teach you the art of building relationships with our hotel partners, industry terminology and KPI’s, and master HotelTonight’s approach to growing existing markets & launching into new markets
- Learn to communicate and quickly navigate our products, features and systems with ease
- Assist your Regional Lead in forging and managing great relationships with hotels in your market, with the aim of training partners to be highly active and competitive to ensure the best possible hotel offers for our users
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Work to get more inventory, more partners using the product, and sell incremental hotel rooms for our partners
- Begin executing a plan to nurture and establish relationships with your hotel partners
- Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your hotel partners in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop an intimate knowledge of your market with the goal of becoming the ‘go-to’ source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics (e.g. pricing, demand seasonality, booking patterns, etc.)
- Create and implement strategic tactics to ensure your hotel partners are successful in your markets
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Meet and exceed KPI’s by owning the performance and success of the hotels within your region
- Build and manage supply side relationships with hotels in several cities within a particular region. This includes partnering, strategizing, and running daily operations directly with hotel partners, and ensuring HotelTonight always has the best inventory from hotels available for our users
- Partner with marketing, product managers, engineers, customer experience, and the greater supply team to create a healthy marketplace
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Undergraduate degree
- 2-4 years of professional experience, preferably in a fast growing startup tech company and/or consulting or banking company and/or in the hospitality industry
- The ability to get things done with constantly changing priorities, projects and deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills; detail-oriented but moves fast
- Must be confident and willing to interact, sell and build strong relationships with senior-level hotel executives
- You’re a quick learner and you’re fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way. Proactivity is key.
- Passion, hunger and enthusiasm for the role and what we’re building is a must. A desire to win!
WHY THIS ROLE IS COOL:
- Receive ongoing top notch training with plenty of opportunities for growth and development
- Work on a collaborative team that knows the value of teamwork, out of the box thinking, and effective communication
- Be at the front lines of growing our supply of awesome hotels for our tech savvy customers
- Grow your own market and establish yourself as a subject matter expert for HotelTonight and our hotel partners
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff - quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
For more information on how we process personal data, please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice