Business Development Coordinator, DACH
Supply – EMEA
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates, for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we're looking for a Business Development Coordinator covering the flagship markets in Germany to help do just that.
As a Business Development Coordinator, you’ll partner with top rated hotels in your territory, run a geographic region like your own small business, and help rapidly roll out operations for multiple destinations across the DACH region.
Our product is the world's first 100% mobile hotel booking app. You'll have the opportunity to join a real start-up community and make a real impact on the business. You’ll be an integral part of our international supply team working with hotels within a particular region to make sure we are always bringing our users the best deals at the coolest hotels around. You’ll have the unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow with an enthusiastic and international team who is working towards building the next great travel company for the mobile era.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Successfully complete a two week training program that will teach you the art of building relationships with hotel partners, industry terminology and KPIs, and master HotelTonight’s approach to launching into new markets
- Learn to communicate and quickly navigate our products, features and systems with ease
- Receive your assigned market(s) in the DACH region and draft a plan to nurture and establish relationships with your hotel partners
- Pitch and sign new hotels on joining HotelTonight, effectively communicating our value proposition to Hotel partners – and hit the HotelTonight gong to celebrate!
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your hotel partners in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop an intimate knowledge of each of your markets with the goal of becoming the ‘go-to’ source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics (e.g. pricing, demand seasonality, booking patterns, etc.)
- Create and implement strategic tactics to ensure your hotel partners are successful in your markets
- Go on your first market visit to meet your partners and provide in-person support and guidance
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Meet and exceed KPIs by owning the performance and success of the hotels within your region
- Build and manage supply side relationships with hotels in several cities within a particular region. This includes partnering, strategizing, and running daily operations directly with hotel partners, and ensuring HotelTonight always has the best inventory from hotels available for our users
- Comfortably analyze internal and external data to identify market trends, uncover opportunities, and craft innovative strategies to grow your markets
- Speak fluently about the hospitality industry and revenue management best practices, acting as a trusted industry advisor for your hotel partners
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- University degree in business, economics, management or a hospitality management school and a desire to learn quickly and make a real impact from day one.
- Flexibility to travel within your market 20-25% of the time
- Full business proficiency in German and English. Other languages are a plus.
- Customer obsession: You demonstrate exceptional behaviors that drive hotel partner success
- Strong Communicator: Ability to use concise, clear and relevant language with both internal and external parties
- Resourceful: Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize your work to achieve your goals. Ability to find innovative ways to overcome obstacles and solve problems
- Go getter: Quick learner and fearless about proposing new ideas and strategies, even if it means making mistakes along the way
- You must be an EU citizen or have documentation demonstrating your right to live and work in Germany.
WHY THIS ROLE IS COOL:
- Receive ongoing top-notch training with plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
- Work on a collaborative team that knows the value of teamwork, out of the box thinking, and effective communication.
- Be at the front lines of growing our supply of awesome hotels for our tech-savvy customers.
- Grow your own market in Germany and establish yourself as a subject matter expert for HotelTonight and our hotel partners - You take ownership of growth and performance improvement initiatives in a DACH market
- You will be part of an international team of highly motivated and talented people
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
- An opportunity to join a company with an agile, start-up culture with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business.
- Be a part of redefining mobile commerce and changing the way people book travel at a thriving global business headquartered in San Francisco and funded by top investors.
- Camaraderie and unparalleled opportunities to be part of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive & working towards building the next great travel company for the mobile era.
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do.
- Great office location in Berlin Mitte, and an office space that is brand new!
- Fun stuff - Quarterly travel stipend to stay with our amazing hotels, office exchange program in our offices in London, Paris and the US, as well as the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
Let's get started!