1. Engineering – Cloud Infrastructure
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 300 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
In this role, you will lead architecture and ship high performance, reliable code which helps us deliver awesome experience to our end users. While our reach till now has been impressive, we are looking for individuals who will define the future architecture of our platform, providing technical and product expertise, mentor and guide developers.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Evaluating, Benchmarking and rolling out platform components like API Gateway, Traffic Routers, Container Schedulers etc
- Driving centralized solutions like Service Discovery, Feature Toggling, Rate limiting etc for teams across Hotstar
- Developing frameworks on top of the infrastructure platform to abstract the complexities and provide simple interfaces (API and UI) for teams across Hotstar to deploy and scale their applications
- Extend or develop plugins on top of Kubernetes and modules in Terraform to solve Hotstar needs for scalingWorking with Application Development teams to refactor the apps or build new modules to help onboard new architectures
- Build custom tools and frameworks for internal use at Hotstar
- Provide solutions for various types of workloads on the Hotstar platform
What to Bring
- Experience in Agile practices, Continuous Delivery, Trunk based Development, Xtreme programming practices like TDD, Pair Programming and Domain Driven Design
- Experience in working with RDBMS, NoSQL and Graph databases
- At least 4 years of hands on experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience in building microservices and event driven architectures
- Strong experience in multiple Programming languages like Golang, Ruby, Java, Python and ScalaKnowledge about Stream processing using tools like Spark/FlinkGood understanding of Chaos Engineering and Load testing
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/