1. Engineering – Cloud Infrastructure
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
As a Infrastructure Engineer at Hotstar, you will be building a resilient infrastructure platform and enabling continuous delivery, using modern Infrastructure engineering practices. You will be responsible for the availability, scaling, performance and monitoring of the platform which hosts Hotstar services. You’ll be joining a team that continuously delivers infrastructure code, using testing frameworks and promotion of changes through pipelines.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Developing reusable Infrastructure code and testing frameworks for Infrastructure
- Developing tools and frameworks to allow Hotstar engineers to provision infrastructure and manage access controls
- Design and develop solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations
- Design a centralized logging and metrics platform that can handle the Hotstar scale
- Taking on new infrastructure requirements and developing infrastructure code
- Working with service teams to help them onboard container platformScaling the Hotstar platform to handle millions of requests concurrently
- Drive solutions to reduce Mean Time To Recovery(MTTR), enable High Availability and Disaster Recovery
What to Bring
- Strong expertise in automating Infrastructure provisioning and configuration using tools like Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Docker
- Expertise in managing large scale Cloud infrastructure, preferable AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience in developing applications using programming languages like Java, Python and Ruby
- Experience in handling logs and metrics at a high scale Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.