Research Engineer in Recommendation
1. Engineering – Machine Learning
We're looking for a research engineer in recommendation who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and excited to participate in cutting-edge applied research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications. As a researcher, you’ll be responsible for formulating industrial problems into research questions and thus performing research to innovate solutions for personalization and content discovery. If you’re excited to work with a group of friendly and experienced machine learning researchers to build the machine intelligence to support high-performance, high-availability, scalable services, this is likely the team for you.
Here are a few of the things that you’ll do:
● Major contributor of continuous improvements in the quality of the content discovery and navigational convenience experiences.
● Keep track of both industry and academic research trends in related areas, including but not limited to recommendation, machine learning and distributed computation.
● Participate in personalization projects planning with product managers and the team based on data-driven investigation methods and industry trends.
● Propose, implement, test and verify algorithmic solutions for upcoming recommendation / personalization product features. ● Implement systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time.
● Develop prototype, proof of concept, and demo systems to improve performance for current algorithms and architectures.
● Maintenance and troubleshooting the offline and online recommendation / personalization algorithms on product.
● Partner closely with other product teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness, while gaining knowledge of how ML works in all these products.
- Master degree or above. 1+ year experience of practical algorithm design and implementation in recommendation or machine learning related fields.
- Solid mathematics, computer and machine learning background. Solid knowledge and hands-on experiences in big data processing and parallel computing frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark. Experiences in streaming computation such as Storm or Spark streaming is a plus. Problem Solving: Logical thinker with good problem solving and analytical ability to apply your mathematical, algorithmic and other expertise to solve real problems. Learning Ability: Strong ability to master new technology in short time and apply to solve practical problems. Motivation: Passion for applied research and new technology, open to interdisciplinary work. Collaboration: Participated at least 1 team projects and played an important role to push the projects forward with others. Communication: Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
● Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
● Languages: ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang
● Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Tensorflow, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch
● Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike
● Tools: GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps
We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies. With that, we recognize that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialized developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
● Full stack responsive web development.
● Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
● Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
● Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
● Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.