1. Engineering – Data Engineering
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
Hotstar is looking for smart and driven data analysts to join our product team and
help drive the growth and success of the product. The candidate will need to have
deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience The ideal candidate
will be scrappy, independent, action oriented and excited about building data insights
to influence product priorities.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Use data to inform and influence the direction of the product team roadmaps inform business decisions
- Partner with product teams to define goals and identify key metrics for existing features and new releases
- Build automated dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of key metrics and experiment results
What to Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training or work experience
- A proven track record of using data to impact key business or product decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Minimum of 4 years experience writing production datasets in SQL/Hive OR building internal/production data tools for ETL, experimentation, or exploration in a scripting language (Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- A solid grasp of common statistical applications and methods