Remote (India) /
01. Engineering – Quality Engineering /
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
The software development engineer testing team comprises of highly skilled, passionate professionals that work closely with engineering and product teams to build high quality, ship-ready solutions and products that delight our users.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
- Mentor and lead a large team of talented Software Development Engineers in Test
- Define and monitor quality assurance metrics for continuous quality & process improvements
- Lead programmatic best practices by example, be a hands on programmer and tech guru
- Estimating efforts, identify risks, devise mitigation and meet project schedules
- Communicating clearly and openly with internal and external stakeholders regarding progress, roadblocks, and timelines
- Leading by example and keeping enthusiasm high in tight-deadline situations
- Oversee technical scoping and design of projects to ensure that projects deliver the expected value on time and with high quality
- Work closely with management to identify risks, solve problems, and maintain progress
- Identify & implement solutions for applying new and smarter test methodologies for uncovering quality risk
What to Bring
- BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- Technical expertise - proud programming credentials and current experience of the same
- Should have worked on developing tools or frameworks to test complex micro-services, client applications, systems at scale.
- Advanced knowledge on the Infrastructure, CI/CD toolchains and ecosystem
- Excellent knowledge of databases and querying languages
- Experience in working or testing with distributed architecture (eg. Aerospike, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, PubSub etc..)
- Deep expertise with any cloud ecosystem - AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, code coverage, OO design, code quality, automation, code reviews etc.
- Problem solving complex & large scale testing challenges
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others at all levels in the organization
- Must be self-directed and visionary
- Must love working with people - coaching, mentoring and guiding team members towards career goals
- We are customer obsessed
- We are audacious in vision and action
- We encourage honesty and open dialogue
- We respect everyone and every point of view
- We make objective and data-driven decisions
- We believe trust and accountability go hand-in-hand
- We invest in each other's growth
- We bring our A-game and nothing else
- We take charge and get it done
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
- No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/