Head of Information Security
1. Engineering – Leadership
About the role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion clickstream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
As Head of Information Security at Hotstar, you will be responsible ensuring the security of Hotstar’s products and ecosystem. In this role, you will collaborate closely with engineers, finance, operations, design and product, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that our organization remains secure and is leading the way for our merchants and consumers that interact with our products.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your key responsibilities
- Setup and drive the InfoSec charter for the organization
- Own and drive charters on application security, platform security, media security.
- Create and establish security posture for the organization and ensure period hygiene around pen testing / red:blue teaming
- Identify, measure, and report on security and privacy risks
- Direct our leaders and Engineering teams in prioritizing roadmap items in order to balance security and business risks
- Identify cross-cutting security concerns and lead security engineering teams to develop common solutions and infrastructure
What to bring
- Deep technical understanding of security vulnerabilities and risks, as well as counter measures and compensating controls
- Strong business sense, with entrepreneurial or startup experience preferred
- Extensive experience in product development, strategy, and market research
- Previous professional information security experience, with penetration testing or "breaker" experience preferred
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- Ability to work well with senior business leaders and product and engineering teams
- An analytical and metrics driven work style