Social Media- Editorial & Publishing
12. Marketing – Brand Marketing, Social & Editorial /
Disney+ Hotstar is the fastest growing entertainment brand in India with over 30 million subscribers and millions more accessing quality entertainment that’s not behind the paywall. Over the past six years, Disney+ Hotstar has been instrumental in shaping how Indians consume their favourite content, migrating audiences at scale from television to a device of their choice.
We serve high quality entertainment to more than 150 million consumers across many more millions of devices. As we keep scaling, we will grow our user base of paid as well as freemium users through impactful, data-driven and creative marketing. The social marketing team at Disney+ Hotstar is at the forefront of building the brand’s relationship with the consumer - both existing and potential audiences. Our ambition is to surprise and delight fans by being a part of and building culturally relevant moments.
The team is the feet on the ground listening to, participating in and fueling conversations with existing and potential fans - building an irreplaceable spot in the consumer’s entertainment journey that culminates in them being fans and eventually subscribers.
We are looking for an editorial manager, who is a core member of the social media marketing team, responsible for driving creative innovation and strategy. The individual will be responsible for developing unique and ownable content formats on our brand channels that help promote Disney+ Hotstar’s diverse content offering. They will also have a deep understanding of cultural trends and how to leverage them to make the brand an essential part of the audience’s social experience. This role demands that the candidate is able to think audience first, develop creative that is insight driven and fuel conversations with different audience groups.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Editorial Strategy: Develop and maintain an editorial perspective on the Disney+ Hotstar channels that matches the needs of our current and addressable audience base, in addition to creatively promoting our priority content verticals. Create and advance long term strategy to help Disney+ Hotstar into newer platforms and audience spaces
- Creative Format Development and Execution: Develop sharp briefs as well as formats that lead to unique creative formats that service our content and brand priorities. Work cross functionally with internal and external partners to execute against creative needs
- Influencer Strategy: Develop a short- and long-term influencer strategy for the Disney+ Hotstar brand. Work on network development and ensuring salience between external creators and the brand’s tone of voice while driving towards our social SOV goals
- Editorial Maintenance: Responsible for the creative output across all Disney+ Hotstar social channels on a day to day basis
WHAT TO BRING
- The candidate should be, first and foremost, a fan of entertainment and a passionate believer in the role social media plays in building a deep and meaningful relationship with the consumer
- 6+ years’ experience in entertainment media, preferably in social marketing or editorial roles
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape including Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and new platforms like Takatak, clubhouse
- Hands-on experience and success building and managing fan communities
- Deep understanding of how cultural trends form, and the ability to anticipate and act on it
- You’re unafraid of big risks and the ability to pivot without getting stalled by challenges along the way
- We are customer obsessed
- We are audacious in vision and action
- We encourage honesty and open dialogue
- We respect everyone and every point of view
- We make objective and data-driven decisions
- We believe trust and accountability go hand-in-hand
- We invest in each other's growth
- We bring our A-game and nothing else
- We take charge and get it done
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
- No dress code. Unlimited leave. A fun-life balance.
- A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀
WHO WE ARE AS AN EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
WHO WE ARE AS A COMPANY
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world