Engineering Manager- Games/Social Platform
1. Engineering – Leadership
About the Role
Hotstar is setting up a dedicated Engineering team to work on the next generation of our Interactive Watch 'n Play Platform that hosted the IPL 2018 Watch 'n Play game played by over 50 million users in 49 days.
We are looking for a leader who will take ownership of design, development, delivery and operations of one of the largest gaming/social platforms that will host millions of live players on multiple live games, shows and game-shows.
We are looking for a person who can lead by example with hands-on expertise in building & scaling high performance backend services for high concurrency real-time applications across Mobile, Web and other connected platforms.
Besides top-notch engineering skills, design chops and a great attitude we are also looking for people who have a keen interest in playing & building games and game mechanics.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- At least 10+ years of work experience building high scalability backend services.
- Demonstrable experience of leading multiple full-lifecycle products/services.
- Experience with different cloud infrastructures (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
- Experience with deployment and operations of python/go applications on cloud infrastructures
- Very good understanding of HTTP protocol and its nuances.
- Expertise at Real-time systems, protocols, frameworks.
- Expertise at working with high concurrency, distributed systems architecture.
- Expertise at working with distributed databases, caches
- Expertise at Python/Golang
- Very good understanding of integrating with 3rd Party (external) platforms (i.e. consuming 3rd Party APIs)
- Very good understanding of different database models - relational, columnar, graph etc.
- Very good understanding of caches and experience with Redis - both development and operational
- Good understanding of asynchronous processing model - message queues, worker processes etc.
- Strong experience of complete life-cycles from design to development and operations
- Experience of supporting thick clients (Native iOS/Android & Unity 2D/3D)
what to Bring
- Strong English comprehension and communication skills
- Analytical, curious about technology
- Must understand cost/performance impact and be able to plan design/architecture accordingly.
- Inspiring leader with demonstrable ability of building and growing engineering teams
- Keen interest in Games & Game Mechanics
- Keen interest in Social Networks & underlying Social Graphs & related services.
- Keen interest in Sports & Entertainment
- Experience with RPC systems
- Experience with websockets and other real-time transports
- Experience with docker and kubernetes
- Understanding/experience of micro-services architecture.
- Experience with interfacing other languages to/from python.