Software Development Engineer -Video Algorithms
1. Engineering – Platform - Video and Content Delivery
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
You are a self-driven rockstar engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You have excellent software development skills and a strong background in video and image algorithms. You constantly strive to improve yourself and the team. You are eager to apply your expertise in solving cutting-edge video and image processing challenges, impacting what millions of people see everyday.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain video and image encoding software that plug into the Hotstar media pipeline, designing for quality, robustness and scale.
- Design and implement algorithms that can automate video quality control of incoming source content and encoded Hotstar streams.
- Participate in work related to next-generation video technologies.
What to Bring
- 4+ years experience in multimedia software development, with excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS or PhD a plus.
- Expert in C++ or Java and object-oriented programming.
- Solid understanding of video compression and processing, including codec standards such as H.264/AVC, HEVC and VP9.
- Strong background in image and signal processing, both algorithm design and implementation (for example, image scaling, deinterlacing, frame rate conversion, artifact detection).
- Experience in large-scale distributed systems and cloud-computing
- Experience in software performance optimizations
- Experience in open-source multimedia projects (such as ffmpeg, x264, avisynth, webm)
- Experience in image and video quality assessment
- Experience in media packaging formats such as HLS, DASH along with encryption