Software Engineering Interns
We're a small, unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Google, Hulu, Amazon and Facebook. We believe that the most important factors to our success are our team and culture.
We are unusually passionate about the intersection of media and technology; we see an opportunity to improve media, particularly next generation video. Our mission is to build platforms and services that delight both consumers and customers alike. If the engineering team had to be recognized for one thing we would want that to be Quality.
We're looking for Software Engineering Interns who are comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and are excited to design and implement the next generation of OTT platform to deliver premium video.
We're looking for developers with a strong history of building scalable platforms while leveraging new technologies, languages and frameworks.
● Software Engineering Intern – Web
● Software Engineering Intern – iOS or Android Mobile Development
● Software Engineering Intern – Messaging Infrastructure
● Software Engineering Intern – Notification Service
● Software Engineering Intern – Full Stack
● Software Engineering Intern – Big Data Platform
● Research Software Engineering Intern – Recommendation & Personalization
● Research Software Engineering Intern – Ads Server
● Research Software Engineering Intern – Cross Screen Measurement
● Research Software Engineering Intern – Data Analytics
● Research Software Engineering Intern – Demo Targeting
● Research Software Engineering Intern – Video Transcoding
- 1+ years of experience with strong object-oriented skills.
- A solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- High levels of creativity and quick, problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
● Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
● Languages: ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang
● Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Tensorflow, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch
● Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike
● Tools: GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies.
With that, we recognize that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialized developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
● Full stack responsive web development.
● Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
● Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
● Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
● Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.