Software Quality Engineer - iOS
1. Engineering – QA and Automation
About the Role:
We are looking for an iOS quality assurance Engineer responsible for testing and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers.
Your primary focus will be to test iOS applications (manual/automated) and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other product team and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated test plan, and the creation of quality products is essential.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality test cases
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities based on the sprint plan.
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts using open source tools on iOS applications
- Generate/Manage test builds.
- Defect tracking and management.
- Perform regression testing.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Communicate with product owners, stakeholders and Engineering managers to identify system requirements.
- Coordinate testing efforts with others.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Setup and maintain test environments
What to Bring
- Proven work experience in software development.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience testing ecommerce products is a plus
- Good understanding of OOPs concepts.
- Good understanding on the REST APIs and its usage.
- Hands-on in any of programming language like Java, Python etc.
- Good understanding on iOS test build generation & management.
- Should be able to manage with Xcode.
- Good understanding on provisioning profiles & certificates & handling project targets
- Good understanding on the continuous integration flow.
- Good understanding on the use cases related to mobile apps.
- Hands-on experience using appium.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments and Shark, depending on project needs.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- iOS App performance benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the center of the action and is responsible for creating the unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real-life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.