Senior Software Development Engineer - Smart TV
1. Engineering – Living Room Devices
About the Role
We are looking for technical & product-aware engineers who will build best of breed architecture for our platform. Come and be a part of our small, high-performance Living Room team, which is heavily focused on delivering an unmatchable user delight!
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You need to have good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes.
- You need to know design and architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers.
- You will need to create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of SmartTV platforms.
What to Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in smart-tv platforms like Tizen, webOS is a big plus.
- Experience in STB or Dongle is plus.
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is plus.
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges.