Software Development Engineer
1. Engineering – Ad Tech
About the Role
In this role, you will form part of a team that will build infrastructure to process and stream video at scale. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
Hotstar is challenging the old media buying practices by altering the digital advertising landscape completely. We are building a platform that would help our marketeers use our 100M+ user base to effectively reach out totheir potential customers. We are building better ad targeting capabilities powered by our current state-of-art Machine Learning algorithms. We are looking for engineers who have demonstrated excellence in terms of both delivery and scalability.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will build robust secure and scalable micro-services to power Hotstar applications
- You will be responsible to implement RESTful services with a metric-driven API Gateway
- You will ensure sub-second server response and will be responsible to implement relational, document, key, object or graph data-stores, index stores and messaging stores as needed
- You will take ownership to run and maintain Cloud infrastructure
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions
what to Bring
- B.Tech/B.E. in Computer Science from a reputed college or related technical discipline with 4-8 years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Java
- Experience with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, Node js, reactive programming
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring, fault tolerance and metrics (with something like Hystrix)
- Experience with MySQL, NoSql (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch and ESB - Camel, ActiveMQ
- Experience in JEE, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with AWS stack
- High adaptability in a dynamic start-up environment