Software Developer - Big Data Platform 软件开发工程师 - 大数据平台
01. Engineering – Data Engineering /
We're looking for a software developer in data platform technology who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and excited to design and implement data platform to apply data pipeline to big data analytics, product decision, and business intelligence. As a software developer you’ll be responsible for development and implementation of data platform, as well as data analytics tools. If you’re excited about learning about how to use data to power content discovery and personalization, to improve advertising and marketing campaign, and thus delight our users then this is likely the team for you.
Here are a few of things that you’ll do:
● Design and develop performant, highly available and distributed big data systems.
● Own a platform, or two, by leading the architecture, development and maintenance.
● Tackle design and architectural challenges such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility.
● Advocate engineering best practices, including design patterns, code review and automated unit/functional testing.
● Work with research teams to influence them on big data pipeline design, adoption and optimization.
● Introduce the team to the value of new technologies and frameworks through experimentation and verification.
● Help attract, recruit and develop the very best software engineer.
- Good sense in employing open-source software code to solve practical problems.
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity and follow through
- (Optional)Familiar with Hadoop ecosystem, including Hadoop(MapReduce/YARN/HDFS), HBase, Hive, Spark, and customize at least one system in code-level.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes ● Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast.
● Languages: ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang.
● Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Tensorflow, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch.
● Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike.
● Tools: GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps.
We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies. With that, we recognize that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialized developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
● Full stack responsive web development.
● Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
● Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
● Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
● Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.