Senior Network Engineer
1. Engineering – IT
About the Role
In this role, you will form part of a team that will build infrastructure to process and stream video at scale. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
Hotstar is challenging the old media buying practices by altering the digital advertising landscape completely. We are building a platform that would help our marketeers use our 100M+ user base to effectively reach out totheir potential customers. We are building better ad targeting capabilities powered by our current state-of-art Machine Learning algorithms. We are looking for engineers who have demonstrated excellence in terms of both delivery and scalability.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, design, plan implement, maintain and support Hotstar’s network Infrastructure.
- Understand the business/end user requirements, optimize the network performance and end user experience accordingly.
- Secure the network at the perimeter level with minimum impact on end user experience.
- Standardize, streamline and simplify network configuration and user settings.
- Audit, review and refresh Hardware/Configs and SoPs for network Infrastructure.
- Liaise with network carriers and external resources for these organisations; defining and monitoring contractual obligations, performance delivery and service level agreements.
- Monitoring the overall performance of systems to assess the need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and new systems, and recommending options for upgrading and improving the performance of systems.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing network problems, and determining the most appropriate means of resolving problems and issues to improve network performance.
- Planning, procurement, designing, developing, configuring and commissioning networks and associated systems for network monitoring and incident management.
- Research and development of new products and service relevant to areas of responsibility.
- Business case development and evaluation in support of proposed initiatives in conjunction with the Engineering Team Lead.
What to Bring
- Established professional credibility as evidenced by a degree in Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- One or more of the industry standard certifications.
- A minimum of Eight years of progressive responsibility and demonstrated success in developing, implementing, administering and maintaining an information technology infrastructure and related information security practices.
- Technical knowledge of Security appliances/tools, Networking devices/Configuration, Servers, Operating systems, end user security tools, vulnerability assessment and mitigation, application and platform access controls.