Software Developer in iOS Mobile Development
1. Engineering – iOS
We're looking for a software developer in iOS who has rich experience and good understanding of iOS platform, and excited to design and implement fancy features for our iOS application. As a software developer you’ll be responsible for implementing all kinds of features and improving user experience of our application. If you’re excited about working on some really cool functionalities which can be used by people from different countries, this is likely the team for you.
Here are a few of the things that you’ll do: Responsibilities:
● Design, implement and test new features for iOS applications.
● Work across UI, service layers, and backend services to create server-driven native client solutions.
● Write entirely new code, maintain and update existing code base, and thus iterate user experience of iOS applications.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals.
- Familiar with Swift and XCode.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in developing iOS application, with a preference for experience with shipping applications on App Store.
- Familiar with the core components of iOS applications and their operating mechanisms, such as auto layout, memory management, network, database etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in both Chinese and English Education.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
● Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
● Languages: ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang
● Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Tensorflow, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch
● Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike
● Tools: GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps
We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies. With that, we recognize that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialized developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
● Full stack responsive web development.
● Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
● Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
● Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
● Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.