Senior Software Development Engineer - Data Engineering
1. Engineering – Data Engineering
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
As a Data Engineer in the Data Infrastructure team, you will build platforms and tools that churn through, process & analyze petabytes of data and lead a robust team. You will work on technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Aerospike, Redshift to build a scalable infrastructure that delivers recommendations to our users in real-time.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will work closely with Software Engineers & ML engineers to build data infrastructure that fuels the needs of multiple teams, systems and products
- You will automate manual processes, optimize data-delivery and build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data required for a wide variety of use-cases using SQL/Spark
- You will build stream processing pipelines and tools to support a vast variety of analytics and audit use-cases
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions
- You will work in cross-functional team and collaborate with peers during entire SDLC
What to Bring
- BE/B.Tech/BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
- Minimum 4 years of work experience building data warehouse and BI systems
- Strong Java skills
- Experience in either Go or Python (plus to have)
- Experience in Apache Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, Athena
- Strong understanding of database and storage fundamentals
- Experience with the AWS stack
- Ability to create data-flow design and write complex SQL / Spark based transformations
- Experience working on real time streaming data pipelines using Spark Streaming or Storm