2. Product – User Experience and Design
About the Role
At Hotstar, our vision is to invent the future of video. We have over 100 million users and millions of concurrent users viewing our content. We are passionate about developing strong entrepreneurial teams that build exceptional products. We obsess over product design and usability, make smart trade off decisions on behalf of our users, and build highly scalable, low latency services that degrade gracefully
Are you obsessed with creating products that are user centric, simple and intuitive? Are you passionate about creating a unified experience across devices that engages, inspires and delights millions of users? If yes, we are looking for a talented leader who can deliver a world-class design experience for Hotstar.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will set the vision for the user experience and drive design projects across the entire product lifecycle
- You will partner with product and engineering stakeholders to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges
- It is paramount for us to strive for simplicity in design and user-interactions. To drive this, you will direct designs, vision demos, prototypes which establish and drive product-wide concepts and experience value propositions
- You will maintain the design focus and quality from a UI and experience perspective, identifying risk and providing feedbackto stakeholders wherever appropriate
- Setup Log Analyzer for all logs on Production fleet
- Maintain running systems with audited monitors and alarms
- Automate manual routines for Cloud management
What to Bring
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in interaction, visual or graphic design
- 10+ years of specialist experience in building user-experience on mobile & web platform
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Ability to communicate directly with Product and Engineering teams to translate their visions and constraints into beautiful, functional products.
- Ability to synthesize user feedback, user research and user data into actionable product decisions
- Design new products, interfaces, and user experiences for a variety connected devices: mobile, web and TV
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships