Senior Research developer in Advertising
1. Engineering – Ad Tech
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have 300 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the center of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
We're looking for a senior research engineer in advertising who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and excited to participate in cutting-edge applied research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications. As a senior research engineer, you’ll be responsible for formulating industrial problems into research questions and thus performing research to innovate solutions for ads targeting and delivery. If you’re excited to work with a group of friendly and experienced machine learning researchers to build the machine intelligence to support high-performance, high-availability, scalable services, this is likely the team for you.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your key responsibilities
- Key contributor of continuous improvements in the quality of the ads targeting and ads delivery.
- Keep track of both industry and academic research trends in related areas, including but not limited to ad targeting and delivery, machine learning and distributed computation.
- Participate in ad projects planning with product managers and the team based on data-driven investigation methods and industry trends.
- Propose, implement, test and verify algorithmic solutions for upcoming ads product features
- Design and build systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time.
- Identify key factors, design and develop prototype, proof of concept, and demo systems to improve performance for current algorithms and architectures
- Model and implement the planning and measurement system of ads delivery across screen.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting the offline and online ad algorithms on product
- Partner closely with other product teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness, while gaining knowledge of how ML works in all these products.
- Master degree or above. 3+ years industry experience of practical algorithm design and implementation in ads or machine learning related fields. Experience in ad server will be a plus.
- Strong mathematics, computer and machine learning background.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experiences in big data processing and parallel computing frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Logical thinker with strong problem solving and analytical ability to apply your mathematical, algorithmic and other expertise to solve real problems.
- Ability to master new technology in short time and apply to solve practical problems.
- Passion for applied research and new technology, open to interdisciplinary work.
- Participated in at least 2 team projects and played a lead role to drive the projects with others.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/