System Administration Lead
1. Engineering – IT
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
In this role, we are looking for a leader who can own Android development throughout the planning, design and development lifecycle and help us craft unique and seamless user experience. The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation Assist with server, storage, Datacenter and software vendor evaluation and recommendations.
- Managing large deployments/rollouts/Support/maintenance/troubleshooting of Server infrastructure
- Managing large scale datacenters’ design and implementation
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking Microsoft IIS administration and configuration Linux/UNIX administration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including backbone infrastructure issues LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks) Project management and tracking skills
What to Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2003/2008) /desktop Operating Systems (XP/7) Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional -CCNA/ CCNPMCITP Server Group Policy design and configuration