Senior Software Development Engineer - Platform Engineering
1. Engineering – Cloud Infrastructure
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the center of the action and is responsible for creating the unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real-life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a solid rockstar engineer who can build an internal platform for Hotstar. This platform enables delivery teams to self-service deploy and operate systems with reduced lead time and stack complexity. The emphasis here is on API-driven self-service and supporting tools, with delivery teams still responsible for supporting what they deploy onto the platform.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Closely work with Delivery teams to understand their requirements and formulate the success criteria for this platform.
- Own the architecture and evolution of this platform, propose the right tools for the job.
- Enable the Delivery teams to adopt this platform and follow the right practices.
- Train and mentor junior engineers.
- Ensure best practices in development of the platform.
- Drive platform-wide innovations to reduce the operational cost associated with the platform such as the yearly cost of ownership of AWS components without compromising the quality of the solution.
- The platform should solve the problem of managing inter-service communication and service discovery in a complex topology of services that comprise a modern, cloud-native application.
- Build a platform which is highly scalable with a resilient architecture.
What to Bring
- 5+ years of overall IT experience building successful production software systems.
- At least 2+ years’ experience in deriving medium to large scale system architecture from raw product requirements.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field).
- Experience in developing microservices and an understanding of design for operational excellence, scalability, performance, and reliability..
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including the ones for Service Discovery, Secrets Management, Infrastructure Provisioning, Configuration Management, Monitoring, Centralized logging and Alerting.
- Solid development experience in a variety of programming languages (Java, Ruby, Python, Golang, Scala) and technologies (Spark, Spring, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS services such as Dynamo DB, EMR, Redshift).