Senior Software Development Engineer - Platform Engineering
1. Engineering – Cloud Infrastructure
About the Role
We are looking for a solid rockstar engineer who can build an internal platform for Hotstar. This platform enables delivery teams to self-service deploy and operate systems with reduced lead time and stack complexity. The emphasis here is on API-driven self-service and supporting tools, with delivery teams still responsible for supporting what they deploy onto the platform.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Closely work with Delivery teams to understand their requirements and formulate the success criteria for this platform.
- Own the architecture and evolution of this platform, propose the right tools for the job.
- Enable the Delivery teams to adopt this platform and follow the right practices.
- Train and mentor junior engineers.
- Ensure best practices in development of the platform.
- Drive platform-wide innovations to reduce the operational cost associated with the platform such as the yearly cost of ownership of AWS components without compromising the quality of the solution.
- The platform should solve the problem of managing inter-service communication and service discovery in a complex topology of services that comprise a modern, cloud-native application.
- Build a platform which is Highly Scalable with a Resilient Architecture.
What to Bring
- 5+ years of overall IT experience building successful production software systems
- At least 2+ years’ experience in deriving medium to large scale system architecture from raw product requirements.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field)
- Experience in developing microservices and an understanding of design for operational excellence, scalability, performance, and reliability
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including the ones for Service Discovery, Secrets Management, Infrastructure Provisioning, Configuration Management, Monitoring, Centralized logging and Alerting
- Solid development experience in a variety of programming languages (Java, Ruby, Python, Golang, Scala) and technologies (Spark, Spring, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS services such as Dynamo DB, EMR, Redshift)
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the center of the action and is responsible for creating the unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real-life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.