Software Developer in Android
1. Engineering – Android
We're looking for a software developer in Android who has rich experience and a good understanding of the Android platform, and excited to design and implement features for our Android application. As a software developer, you’ll be responsible for implementing various features and improving the stability of our application. If you’re excited about working on some really cool functionalities which can be used by people around the world, this is likely the team for you.
Here are a few of the things that you’ll do:
● Architect, design, and implement new features for our Android applications.
● Write entirely new code and maintain and update the existing code.
● Work across UI, service layers, and backend services to create server-driven native client solutions.
● Shine with engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology.
● Diagnose the issues in the application and propose solutions.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals.
- 1~3 years of experience in developing Android applications.
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Written and spoken communication skills in both Chinese and English.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
● Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
● Languages: ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang
● Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Tensorflow, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch
● Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike
● Tools: GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps
We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies. With that, we recognize that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialized developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
● Full stack responsive web development.
● Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
● Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
● Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
● Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.