Senior Software Engineer - Video Infra
1. Engineering – Video
About the Role
Hotstar is challenging the old media buying practices by altering the digital advertising landscape completely. We are building a platform that would help our marketers use our 100M+ user base to effectively reach out totheir potential customers. We are building better ad targeting capabilities. We are looking for engineers who have demonstrated excellence in terms of both delivery and scalability.
In this role, you will form part of a team that will build advertising infrastructure. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling ad experiences for our customers!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design and develop highly scalable services for video systems and packaging.
- Develop and maintain video and image encoding software that plug into the Hotstar media pipeline, designing for quality, robustness and scale.
- Participate in work related to next-generation video systems and encoding technologies.
- Experience with setting up (micro)services for video coding, processing or packaging.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and cloud computing
- Experience with software performance optimization
- Involvement in open-source projects for video packaging and streaming, such as GPAC (MP4Box) or GStreamer.
- Involvement in open-source multimedia projects such as FFmpeg, x264, avisynth, or WebM.
- Background in image and signal processing, both algorithm design and implementation (for example, image scaling, deinterlacing, frame rate conversion, artifact detection).
- Experience with image and video quality assessment
What to Bring
- 3+ years experience in multimedia software development, with excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS or PhD a plus.
- Expert in C++ or Java and object-oriented programming.
- Working experience with video systems and/or streaming specifications, such as ISO/IEC 13818-1 (MPEG Transport and Program Streams), ISO/IEC 14496-12 (ISO base media file format), Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH), or Common Media Application Format (CMAF).
- Solid understanding of video compression and processing, including coding standards such as H.264/AVC, HEVC, VP9 and AV1.