Sports Strategy Lead
3. Ad Sales – Digital Product & Revenue Strategy
Hiring Manager’s speak
Heading the Sports Strategy team for Hotstar that is responsible for formulating the Ad sales monetization strategy for sports at Hotstar. This role reports into the Sales Strategy Head who reports in to the Sales Head and is responsible for the Go-to-market strategy, trade and pricing strategy, audience profiling, insights and analytics, sales collaterals and strategic pitches and brand solutions.
Your key responsibilities
- BUDGET CREATION & REVIEW
- Develop annual budget of all properties in the portfolio. Reforecast the budget as required based on the performance and as per company's set goals.
- Monitor the portfolio performance for Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual performance and give strategic and tactical inputs to achieve the sales target to the sales heads as required.
- DEVELOP MARKET UNDERSTANDING
- Develop deeper insight and understanding of the dynamic market requirements through advertiser/client interaction, and facilitate “Why Buy?” propose solutions more suited to client needs, hence resulting in better monetization of advertising opportunities.
- In tune with Digital marketing trends- consumer and customer, New age App industry, Big data and Analytics
- STRATEGIC OUTLOOK TO THE PORTFOLIO BUSINESS
- Constantly review current methodologies, tools and indexes and incorporate new approaches to pitch and present our products to advertisers and sponsors.
- Develop tracking mechanisms & prepare various dashboards to increase sales efficiencies and catch inefficiencies in a good market. Building sharp executional templates
- NEW REVENUE OPPORTUNITIES
- Developing and executing new business initiatives that convert to higher revenue generation
- Developing revenue models using strategic pricing inputs
- Support creation of pitch and evaluation of the pitch of annual deals and mega deals
- Facilitate client and brand-wise spend monitoring on each channel in the portfolio and on corresponding competitive channels, and evaluate competitive channel performance within and outside genre
- Identify and highlight opportunities to sales stakeholders
- Generating relevant reports proactively using BI and other tools like Elite Panel, TGI, etc.as made available for use
- Build robust and healthy team; creating a healthy working environment with open channels of communication; encouraging ideas. Set clear objectives, define deliverables to plan and organize work.
ANNUAL DEALS/ IMPACT PROPERTIES/ CLIENT, BRAND, COMPETITION SPENDS MONITORING
BI & OTHER QUALI/ QUANTI REPORTS