Software Development Engineer - Web
Bangalore/Mumbai/ Gurgaon /
1. Engineering – Web /
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
We are striving to create the best video content destination for our consumers on a varied set of devices, from phones to tablets, including devices coming out with the bleeding edge of technology. Our web application team is heavily focused on delivering an unmatchable user experience on these devices while our consumers watch the content they love!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders of product to deliver new user-facing features on the website
- Build reusable, high quality code and libraries for future use which can be used across multiple projects
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and implement them
- Collaborate with other team members, designers and stakeholders to deliver on the features
What to Bring
- University degree and 2+ years’ experience as a software developer
- Highly enthusiastic and enjoy learning new technologies and frameworks
- You know why a framework is necessary and know any of React, Angular JS etc
- Open source contribution is a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt or Gulp
- Bias for Action
- Radical Candour
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
- No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/