Director Of Engineering - Content Management System
1. Engineering – Leadership
About the role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion clickstreams messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the center of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
You will be responsible for building different API stack/suite for enabling the search and browse experience on all Hotstar platforms, internal tools for content and layout management and build highly scalable, low latency, platform to on-board the new content partners and their catalog.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Contribute substantially to innovation and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
What to Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
- 5+ years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Java with with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, reactive programming
- At least 5 years managing software development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd, graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
- Experience with MySQL, NoSql (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience/Knowledge of Netflix OSS.
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Experience with AWS stack.
- Experience with CI/CD processes.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills