Senior Software Development Engineer - Backend
1. Engineering – User and Subscriptions Management
About the Role
In this role, you will form part of a team that will build infrastructure to process and stream video at scale. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will build robust secure and scalable micro-services to power Hotstar applications
- You will be responsible to implement RESTful services with a metric-driven API Gateway
- You will take ownership to build scalable, reliable and performant code that complies with our internal code guidelines
- You will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle
- You will be driving architecture and design discussions and will be responsible to run and maintain good infrastructure
What to Bring
- B.Tech/ B.E. in Computer Science from a reputed college or related technical discipline with 4-8 years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Java
- Experience with reactive programming
- Experience in building RESTful APIs with monitoring, fault tolerance and metrics
- Exposure to relational and NoSQL databases (Cassandra,Redis, DynamoDB)
- Exposure to server-side services using ElasticSearch and ESB - Camel, ActiveMQ
- Experience in JEE, Spring, Hibernate
- Strong experience with AWS Stack