Senior Software Development Engineer - Test
1. Engineering – QA and Automation
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
The software development testing team comprises of highly skilled, passionate professionals that works closely with Engineering and Product teams to build high quality, ship-ready solutions and products that delight our users.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Should have worked more on developing backend tools or frameworks to test Rest APIs, microservices, data migration, failover scenarios, blue green deployment
- Knowledge on the DevOps activites
- Good understanding of the REST APIs, request-response structures, error and status codes
- Good Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Ability to build distributed system for performance and scale testing
- Experience in working or testing with distributed and big data solutions and mid tier caches, such as Aeropsike, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka
- Experience with Amazon AWS or similar cloud providers
- Experience in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc.
- Hands on with linux commands and shell scripts
- Good knowledge on building and publishing POCs
- Advanced coding skills
- Excellent problem solver
What to Bring
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience in software QA methodologies, tools and processes and Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing and with automated testing tools
- Experience with Java/Python and/or any scripting languages
- Good understanding of OOPs concepts, REST APIs and its usage
- Well versed in build release and deployment flow especially in iOS & Android
- Experience with performance and/or security testing will be a plus