Senior Software Development Engineer - Social
1. Engineering – Social
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will build robust, secure and scalable microservices to power the gaming engine at Hotstar
- You will design and implement low latency caching and storage solutions.
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions.
- You will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle.
What to Bring
- B.Tech/B.E. in Computer Science or related technical discipline with 5+ years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Python/Golang
- Experience with deployment and operations of python apps on cloud infrastructures
- Thorough understanding of HTTP protocol and its nuances.
- Very good understanding of integrating with external systems in python (i.e. consuming their APIs)
- Experience in different database models - relational, columnar, graph etc.
- Very good understanding of caches and experience with Redis - both development and operational
- Good understanding of asynchronous processing model - message queues, worker processes etc.
- Experience with AWS stack
- Experience with docker and kubernetes an added advantage
- Experience in RPC systems, web sockets and other real-time transports is good to have
To learn more about our team , check out the following articles :