Software Development Engineer - Roku
1. Engineering – Living Room Devices
About the Role
We are looking for technical & product-aware engineers who will build best of breed architecture for our platform. Come and be a part of our small, high-performance Living Room team, which is heavily focused on delivering an unmatchable user delight!
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a senior engineer you will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle for living room devices.
- You’ll take ownership of our continued efforts to scale TV app development across different Platforms, providing valuable insight on how we can refine our processes and tools to support additional contributors in our architecture and code.
- Drive feature development for our well-renowned apps for Roku and Smart TV apps.
- Take ownership of end-to-end product quality, from developing and maintaining core app frameworks that help make the apps more reliable and delightful.
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
What to Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in developing software with hands-on experience in building smart TV & OTT Applications.
- Application development experience using Roku SDK, Bright script, Roku Debugging tools.
- Expert in Building UI components & custom controllers in Brightscript.
- Experience with developing apps published on Roku channel store.
- Good working experience on Web Service Integration ( REST, JSON, XML )
- Entrepreneurial spirit, bias for action & ability to work independently.
- Broad knowledge of TV applications pertaining to Media domain like VOD and Linear.
- Experience on using analytics, location and social APIs, payment gateway, media content transcoding and cloud integration, APM tools.