Senior Software Developer in Ad platform
1. Engineering – Ad Tech
About the Role
Hotstar is challenging the old media buying practices by altering the digital advertising landscape completely. We are building a platform that would help our marketeers use our 300M+ user base to effectively reach out totheir potential customers. We are building better ad targeting capabilities powered by our current state-of-art Machine Learning algorithms. We are looking for engineers who have demonstrated excellence in terms of both delivery and scalability.
We're looking for a senior developer in advertising who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms, enjoying deep understanding in the advertising business and customer needs, and excited in cutting-edge live and VOD ads platform. As a senior software developer, you’ll be responsible for the design and implementation of a world-class advertising system. Our goal is to unify the vod, live and cable ads. If you want to build and shape the next generation of ad serving platform across screens, this is likely the team for you.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your key responsibilities
- Design and lead implementation to improve the existing ad serving platform including Ad core services and support tools
- Build and maintain service oriented architecture, control system and supporting tools.
- Build data pipeline for ad metrics, billing, reporting and OLAp analytics to serve different business and product requirements.
- Prioritise strategic and tactical team goals to achieve the company’s business goals.
- Work with the business and product teams to drive best practice of engineering excellence, and build automation tools to reduce daily operations.
- Introduce the team to the value of new technologies and frameworks through experimentation and verification.
- Help attract, recruit and develop the very best software engineer.
- 5+ years of top tier software development experience; at least 2 years on backend, and service-oriented architecture.
- Familiar with Java, Scala, Python, Kafka, Spark or Docker; concrete knowledge about Design Pattern, Data Structure and Algorithm.
- In-depth expertise in design, optimizing, maintaining, and testing large online system. AWS experience is a plus.
- Rich experience and interests in the advertising business and understanding customer needs.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
- Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
- Languages: ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang
- Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Tensorflow
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike
- Tools: GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies
With that, we recognise that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialised developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
- Full stack responsive web development.
- Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
- Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
- Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
- Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.