Senior Software Developer in Ad platform
1. Engineering – Ad Tech
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have 300 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the center of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
We're looking for a senior developer in advertising who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms, enjoying deep understanding in the advertising business and customer needs, and excited in cutting-edge live and VOD ads platform. As a senior software developer, you’ll be responsible for the design and implementation of a world-class advertising system. Our goal is to unify the vod, live and cable ads. If you want to build and shape the next generation of ad serving platform across screens, this is likely the team for you.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your key responsibilities
- Design and lead implementation to improve the existing ad serving platform including Ad core services and support tools
- Build and maintain service oriented architecture, control system and supporting tools.
- Build data pipeline for ad metrics, billing, reporting and OLAp analytics to serve different business and product requirements.
- Prioritise strategic and tactical team goals to achieve the company’s business goals.
- Work with the business and product teams to drive best practice of engineering excellence, and build automation tools to reduce daily operations.
- Introduce the team to the value of new technologies and frameworks through experimentation and verification.
- Help attract, recruit and develop the very best software engineer.
- 5+ years of top tier software development experience; at least 2 years on backend, and service-oriented architecture.
- Familiar with Java, Scala, Python, Kafka, Spark or Docker; concrete knowledge about Design Pattern, Data Structure and Algorithm.
- In-depth expertise in design, optimizing, maintaining, and testing large online system. AWS experience is a plus.
- Rich experience and interests in the advertising business and understanding customer needs.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/