Senior Software Engineer - Engineering Productivity
Bangalore/Mumbai/ Gurgaon /
1. Engineering – Engineering Productivity /
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
We are looking for energetic, creative and high-performing candidates for the Senior Software Engineer - Engineering Productivity role to join the Technology team at Disney+ Hotstar. Key Responsibilities as a SSE, is to solve a broad range of core software development problems. You will build Performance and Reliability labs, test infrastructure, harnesses, and tooling to help improve engineering velocity and product excellence
Your Key Responsibilities
- You like to remove core bottlenecks in software development processes like deployment pipelines, performance & reliability testing & infra
- You are a data driven decision maker and believe in applying creative technical solutions towards making systems more efficient and effective.
- You love developing tools that make an engineer’s life easier and bring delight to their endeavors — be it command line tools, User interfaces, web services, debugging tools, test data factories, performance engineering etc.
- You’ve worked to automate and remove repetitive and manual tasks because inefficiency is one of your least favorite things
- You believe that unless you can quantify or measure something, you probably can’t improve it or solve it
- You have an unwavering passion for, and focus on, polished products, engineering excellence, and productivity
- You love to design, implement, and improve tools, frameworks, metrics, and processes.
- You love to work, collaborate, and lead cross-functionally
What to Bring
- 6 to 10 years of total experience distributed across Dev, QA or DevOps Engineering
- Experience in developing solutions for development or testing of front end applications, API, performance engineering
- Very good in in CI-CD tools like Jenkins, GoCD, Kubernetes, EC2 and terraform
- Hands on programming experience in major programming and Scripting language
- Hands on experience in major DBs, Caches and Queuing systems
- Experience in designing, developing, debugging and executing automation scripts
- Deep hands on experience in Linux/Unix commands is a plus
- Well versed in analysing server logs and metrics
- Understand functional and non function aspects of system
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Bias for Action
- Radical Candour
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
- No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/