Engineering Manager – Video
4. Consumer – Video Operations & Delivery
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
We are looking for an Engineering leader to scale our content platform for digital assets and workflow. This solution is critical to the success of our service and company as we become a global leader in original content. The platform manages the various digital assets that we procure from our content partners and transforms that data for creative workflows in Post Production Visual Effects and Animation. You will scale the platform to manage multiple territory and originals content launches in a year to set up an efficient and automated supply chain for asset transformation and creative workflow tools.
What you’ll do:
- Team Leadership: build and lead a team of exceptional engineers adept at building distributed microservices and compelling user interfaces.
- Technical Vision: evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Leverage technical skills to successfully drive infrastructure & tool improvements for new products and existing processes and workflows
- Product Leadership: define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design and Operations.
What we’re looking for:
- You have experience building and leading a team of exceptional engineers
- You have good ideas and can inspire team to come up with better ideas.
- You are able to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward.
- You have passion for building highly scalable solutions with flexibility factored in to make quick pivots as business evolves.
- You have good grasp of technologies such as Java and distributed/cloud development.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills, both within the team, and across the organization.
- You have 5+ years of experience growing and managing software development teams in fast-paced environments and 10+ years of software development experience.