Engineering Manager - Android
1. Engineering – Leadership
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
In this role, we are looking for a leader who can own Android development throughout the planning, design and development lifecycle and help us craft unique and seamless user experience. The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
- You will be responsible to architect solutions using innovative technology ideas and industry leading methodologies.
- Lead from the front and architect the Android application to be modular and use best practices to enable rapid iteration.
- You are required to keep abreast with emerging front-end and interactive technologies, promote their usage as project needs dictate and drive adoption across the company.
- Work closely with Product Management, Vendors and other engineering leaders in cross functional capacity.
- You will provide feedback to both designers and developers on technical feasibility, speed and optimization, and possible alternatives to difficult interactions or animations.
- You will be responsible to mentor geographically distributed teams.
- Provide thought leadership to team around new technologies, processes and approaches.
What to Bring
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Must have experience as a Android development lead with at least 3+ years as a leader.
- Must have experience on TODO. Experience implementing solutions with APIs, RESTful web services & JSON.
- Good Exposure to OO, Design Patterns and Data Structures.
- Must have proven track record of delivery and leadership.
To learn more about our team , check out the following articles :