AVOD to SVOD
8. Hotstar Pay – Growth
About the Role
Video consumption in India has grown to 300 Mn users with avg. 70 min consumption a day.
Hotstar is leading the change as the largest Video Platform in the country and has created world records in simultaneous viewing (25 Mn in CWC ’19).
We are investing in creating the biggest subscription business in India (Hotstar Pay). We are creating an awesome user experience combined with the best content - Sports (IPL, World Cup, India Bilateral series, Pro Kabbadi League Wimbledon, French Open, F1) and Entertainment (Hotstar Specials, American shows & movies from HBO, Disney, Marvel, Fox, Showtime, Hooq).
This role is singularly focused on exploiting our massive free user base (250mn MAUs) on Hotstar to drive accelerated paid subscriber acquisition for Hotstar.
- You will be responsible to develop product strategy to drive Hotstar free users on platform to become paid subscribers.
- You will study consumption behaviour to identify user segments with high propensity to become paid subscribers and understand what it takes to move a user with low intent into high intent segment.
- While being part of the Growth team (business), you will work closely with product team to define a roadmap and introduce product features to drive a user deeper into the conversion funnel.
- You will also be working with the content marketing, performance marketing, editorial, product & design team to develop hypothesis/propositions.
- You will identify the best communication at the best time using the best channel to nudge a user towards conversion.
What to Bring
- 3 to 5 years of consumer focussed product management at a fast growing internet service.
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional team.