Engineering Manager- Advertising Platform
1. Engineering – Leadership
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
The mandate for the leader is to drive the vision of the ad serving platform on Hotstar and work with engineering leads and product managers to execute the vision. This includes the research, design, build and management for new, and third party, technology platforms in support of advertising insertion, data collection/processing, segmentation and targeting across our platform.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will own the ad tech platform to enable ad delivery (showing the right ads to the right users at the right time) and measurement (demonstrating value to our advertisers)
- You will work with the ad product team to manage & deliver the roadmap that helps us reach our business goals
- You will implement best practices and influence technical design to ensure a robust client & backend ad architecture that is flexible & robust
- You will bring expertise on technical possibilities to capture data signals on our users across platforms and execute models to create predictive targeting segments
- You will build innovative video ad formats within the construct of current video ad standards like VAST/VPAID
- You will collaborate with top third party ad serving & measurement partners to certify them
- You will work with QA & ad operations team to troubleshoot any issues in an ongoing campaign or production system
- You will identify opportunities to develop internal software products & tools to help increase efficiency, automation, and systems monitoring
- You will be responsible for bridging the gap between ad product and QA. Create test cases to ensure features work as expected and ad integrations are sound
- You will keep up to date with new IAB/MRC specifications, technologies and new initiatives in the ad ecosystem
What to Bring
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in computer science or related discipline preferred
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience in the ad tech space – having worked on ad servers, programmatic platforms or other ad systems
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Understanding of standard ad units and basic standards like MRAID, VAST, VPAID, VMAP
- Understanding of programmatic delivery whether guaranteed, preferred deals or open auctions
- Atleast 4+ years managing software development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Experience with MySQL, NoSql (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience troubleshooting ad serving issues, running charles sessions, evaluating ad calls and event triggers
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd,graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, Kafka,
- A passion for solving complex system and data challenges and desire to thrive in a constantly innovating and changing environment
- Proven track record of translating organizational strategy into actionable technology solutions that drive operational excellence while enabling synergistic growth and organizational scale
- Experience with CI/CD processeses
- Prior experience with machine learning is a plus
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/