1. Engineering – Video
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
Do you love diving into technical issues found in video, audio, and subtitles? Do you thrive on impacting others by sharing your knowledge leading to a simpler, more effective workflow? If so, then we have a perfect opportunity for you to join the Technical Partner Operations team at Hotstar. We are a small team focused on guiding the film and television industry into the future and allowing a simple, scalable, elegant path towards delivering source media to Hotstar. Come join us as we transform the industry from Broadcast and Home Video into 4K, IMF, HDR, TTML, available anywhere, anytime.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Evaluating various types of problematic media files and responding to external partners with solutions
- Providing technical support to Fulfillment Partners during onboarding & delivery
- Educating various internal teams on technical specifications for Video, Audio, and Subtitles
- Working with internal Engineering teams to maintain understanding and proficiency of Hotstar systems
- Provide discovery and analysis of Fulfillment Partner workflows to collaboratively achieve metrics-based improvements
- Lead support efforts with our ticketing platform, be the primary contributor to our Partner Help Center, conduct partner performance analysis
What to Bring
- Strong desire to lead the investigation and troubleshooting of media related issues for Hotstar
- Passion for teaching & collaboration; being able to distill technical details down to relatable terms and definitions
- Ability to communicate and interact with vendors on a global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation
- History of being the go-to technical problem solver for a group preparing or receiving media
- Working experience with ProRes, IMF, TTML, Lambda CAP, WAV, and other common OTT file formats
- Extensive understanding of video encoding, subtitling, and QC workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile problematic files and suggest fixes or alternative workflows
- Ability to thrive in a culture based on feedback, innovation, and constant change