Infosec Engineering Lead
1. Engineering – IT
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
Under the general direction of the Head of Information Technology, the Manager, IT Security and Infrastructure Services is responsible for the operational oversight of the IT Security and Infrastructure Services within Hotstar. The Manager provides leadership in planning, developing, promoting and evaluating the effectiveness of Hotstar’s information security systems. He/She is responsible for ensuring effective information security policies and architecture, overseeing vulnerability audits and assessments, and for leading and/or participating in investigations into information security breaches and incident response activities. In addition, the Manager works closely with other Hotstar teams to achieve higher levels of security of systems and information resources.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Identifying systems, processes and information resources requiring security protection.
- Creating, maintaining and updating security architecture, design, awareness programs, standards and policies in accordance with new attacks and threat vectors.
- Reviewing projects/technologies/products for IT security risks and defining security requirements.
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Overseeing investigations into actual and potential IT security risk activity and advising senior management as appropriate.
- Developing, monitoring, and implementing the architectural design of telecommunication, computing and networking technology technical infrastructure to support Business and Engineering teams.
- Establishing appropriate service level criteria, guidelines and change management processes.
- Managing the day-to-day operations, ensuring consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels.
- Providing technical leadership and advice to those engaged in security and information technology projects and related activities
What to Bring
- Education Experience and Skills:
- Established professional credibility as evidenced by a degree in Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- One or more of the industry standard certifications.
- A minimum of Eight years of progressive responsibility and demonstrated success in developing, implementing, administering and maintaining an information technology infrastructure and related information security practices.
- Technical knowledge of Security appliances/tools, Networking devices/Configuration, Servers, Operating systems, end user security tools, vulnerability assessment and mitigation, application and platform access controls.