1. Engineering – QA and Automation
About the role
At Hotstar, we have over 300 million users on Play Store & capture close to a billion clickstream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of action and is responsible for creating unmatchable user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
As an engineer manager for the Personalisation team, you will build platforms and tools that deliver personalised recommendations to 150+ million users. You will work on building storage solutions and microservices that serve recommendations at a rate of few 100K requests per second. You will build tools that serve recommendations to our users in real-time.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
- Mentor and lead a large team of talented Software Development Engineers in Test
- Define and monitor quality assurance metrics for continuous quality & process improvements
- Estimating efforts, identify risks, devise mitigation and meet project schedules
- Communicating clearly and openly with internal and external stakeholders regarding progress, roadblocks, and timelines
- Leading by example and keeping enthusiasm high in tight-deadline situations
- Oversee technical scoping and design of projects to ensure that projects deliver the expected value on time and with high quality
- Work closely with management to identify risks, solve problems, and maintain progress
- Provide management with reports/metrics to display transparency into testing progress, automation summaries, and release readiness
- Research and stay current on Quality Engineering Testing trends as the industry evolves
What to Bring
- BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- Should have worked on developing automation tools or frameworks to test Big Data, Rest APIs, microservices, data migration, failover mechanism, blue green setups
- Good knowledge on the DevOps tooling and processes
- Excellent understanding on the REST APIs and its usage
- Excellent Knowledge of SQL and/or Hive query scripting
- Excellent working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem - HDFS, Hive, MapReduce, Yarn, Spark etc.
- Experience in working or testing with distributed architecture (eg. Aerospike, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Data lake, etc..)
- Experience with Amazon AWS or similar cloud providers
- Ability to build Performance frameworks from ground up
- Experience in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, code coverage, OO design, code quality, automation, code reviews etc.
- Advanced coding skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Solving complex testing challenges
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others at all levels in the organization
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented
To learn more about our team , check out the following articles :