Senior Software Developer - Content Discovery and Personalization
1. Engineering – Personalization
We're looking for a senior software developer in content discovery and personalization who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and excited to design and implement the next generation of content discovery and personalization services and features. As a senior software developer you’ll be responsible for architecture, implementation of backend services and features for content discovery and personalization. If you’re excited about working on how to leverage machine learning and large-scale data processing technology to build recommender or search system this is likely the team for you.
Here are a few of the things that you’ll do:
● Design and develop performant, highly available and highly monitored recommendation or search services, as well as tools, to improve content discovery and navigational convenience experience.
● Own a platform, or two, by leading the architecture, development and maintenance.
● Develop, maintain, improve and investigate both online and offline learning algorithms for content discovery and personalization.
● Tackle design and architectural challenges such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility.
● Advocate engineering best practices, including design patterns, code review and automated unit/functional testing.
● Collect and analyze metrics to identify key performance issues by data analysis methods and improve the algorithm accordingly
● Introduce the team to the value of new technologies and frameworks through experimentation
● Help attract, recruit and develop the very best software engineers
- 3-5 years demonstrated coding skills and experiences in java and Linux
- Passion for technology, open to interdisciplinary work, and experience in building data-driven services and applications.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experiences in machine learning, especially in web services, storage systems and recommendation algorithms.
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity and follow through
- Strong communication, organization and planning skills.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science / Electronics Engineering are preferred
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms.
Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms:AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
● Clients:iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
● Languages:ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang
● Frameworks:Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Tensorflow, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Vert.x
● Databases:MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike
● Tools:GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps