Lead - Consumer Insights, Disney+ Hotstar Subscriptions
8. Hotstar Pay – Marketing
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one stop destination for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports to Indian and International Shows and Movies. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
The subscriptions business of Disney+ Hotstar has begun its journey to scale up rapidly across India, and across languages. As we continue to serve high quality content to millions of customers across millions of devices, there is a constant need to grow acquisition for the subscriptions business, both from the existing Disney+ Hotstar AVOD base, and outside. You will be responsible for shaping and managing research needs: from defining and deepening our knowledge on who our audience is today and tomorrow, to growing the company’s understanding of consumers attitudes, to bringing to life the consumer’s voice in order to craft creative campaigns.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lives and breathes primary research - extensive qualitative experience and good experience in integrating qualitative & digital insights to tell a holistic, impactful story.
- Knows how to design a research project to meet the needs of the marketing question and can determine which methodology best serves the purpose.
- Knows how to implement research projects - from the ground up from end to end- whether that’s setting up focus groups or executing an online survey.
- Experience across a range of qualitative methodologies.
- Has had a ton of experience in survey programming or design and knows how to ask the right questions.
- Understands the consumer’s voice and how to turn what people say into actionable findings with a story first approach.
- Understands how great insights lead to great strategy which results in real impact to the business.
What to Bring
- At least 12-15 years of hands-on experience in a market research agency. Hands on experience in qualitative research. Experience of entertainment research is a plus.
- Experience presenting/socialising insights.
- Strong analytical, planning and multi-tasking skills to achieve business objectives, as well as a keen marketing sense to maximise resonance with target audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute and work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Bias for Action
- Radical Candour
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
- No dress code. Unlimited leave. A fun-life balance.
- A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
Disney+ Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Basically those that seek everything. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.