Senior Software Development Engineer - Test
1. Engineering – QA and Automation
About the Role
The software development testing team comprises of highly skilled, passionate professionals that works closely with Engineering and Product teams to build high quality, ship-ready solutions and products that delight our users.
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses using open source technologies
- You will partner with Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented in real-world environments and implement regression tests
- You will be the custodian of quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- You will show a high bias towards automation using the tooling created within the team. You may be required to undertake manual testing if automation is not possible
What to Bring
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience in software QA methodologies, tools and processes and Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing and with automated testing tools
- Experience with Java/Python and/or any scripting languages
- Good understanding of OOPs concepts, REST APIs and its usage
- Well versed in build release and deployment flow especially in iOS & Android
- Experience with performance and/or security testing will be a plus