Content Editor - Telugu
4. Hotstar Scale – Content Operations
The candidate must be proficient in English (written and spoken) and Telugu. She/He will work with the
content curating team in making editorial decisions to keep the platform refreshed through the day. This
full-time staff member will be planning updates for the platform, writing movie and show synopsis and
proof reading/reviewing content. Candidates with strong written and communication skills with fair
understanding of the internet and mobile patterns are welcome to apply. Fluency in Telugu is a must.
• Own and manage the front end updates of the platform for devices and geographies. Includes
planning and scheduling for multiple updates in the day for different time zones, languages, target
groups and geographies.
• Keep Track of latest shows on Star Maa, different genre movies and competitive
channels/platforms in the regional, national or international media. To curate content for the platform
and make editorial decisions as part of the team.
• Strong Editing / Proof Reading Skills - Attention to detail is critical. Reviewing and editing video
description and keywords. Quality check of internal and external support teams and vendor
performances is involved.
• Content writing - Inviting titles, descriptions for video clip collections, captions and headlines in
the product’s User Interface communication. Re-packaging video content accordingly for mobile and
web. Ensure standard, consistency and accuracy of content.
• Content Curation: Ideating for thematic/editorial video clip collections or compilations from TV
shows and movies by identifying major plot, subplot and characters. Selecting relevant creative
representation for videos.
• Surround content - Coordinate with respective regional channel/s or the vendor teams for
updates, curation of clips and ideas for creation of engaging surround content.
• Performance Tracking on analytic platforms or data base. Ability to track and submit evaluation
reports; Work with other content writers & SEO team, providing inputs and feedback.
• Excellent command over English (oral and written) with excellent writing, comprehension,
editing and grammar skills. Candidate should have flair for writing and eye for detail.
• Experience in conceptualizing and writing copy for mobile and web would be an added
• Web content research and familiarity of Content Management System (CMS) would be an added
advantage. Must be internet savvy, beyond social networking.
• Experience in working with video editors to give instructions in creation of engaging video
surround content would be an added advantage.
• Inclination to writing about movies and television with the aptitude to understand and
communicate with users on forums, social networking etc.
• Should be in tune with the latest happenings in the entertainment industry. Prefer candidates
who are familiar with Hindi and/or regional General Entertainment Channels especially that of Star TV
• Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, ability to face and deal with challenges in a mature
and professional manner – work as a proactive team member within timelines, must be able to
prioritize, multi-task, and deliver within deadlines.
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a
solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required