Software Development Engineer - Web
1. Engineering – Web
About the Role
At Hotstar, we have over 100 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the centre of the action and is responsible for creating unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve real life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
We are striving to create the best Video content destination for our consumers on a varied set of devices, from phones to tablets, including devices coming out with bleeding edge of technology. Our small, web application team is heavily focused on delivering an unmatchable user experience on these devices while our consumers watch the content they love!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders of product to deliver new user-facing features on the website
- Build reusable, high quality code and libraries for future use which can be used across multiple projects
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and implement them
- Collaborate with other team members, designers and stakeholders to deliver on the features
What to Bring
- University degree and 2+ years’ experience as a software developer
- Highly enthusiastic and enjoy learning new technologies and frameworks
- You know why a framework is necessary and know any of React, AngularJS etc.
- Open source contribution is a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt or Gulp