Software Development Engineer -Fire TV
1. Engineering – Living Room Devices
About the Role
In this role, you will form part of a team that will build infrastructure to process and stream video at scale. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
Hotstar is challenging the old media buying practices by altering the digital advertising landscape completely. We are building a platform that would help our marketeers use our 100M+ user base to effectively reach out totheir potential customers. We are building better ad targeting capabilities powered by our current state-of-art Machine Learning algorithms. We are looking for engineers who have demonstrated excellence in terms of both delivery and scalability.
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
What to Bring
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android Tv UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with Dagger 2 and Rxjava 2.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration