Software Developer - Personlization and Content Discovery
1. Engineering – Personalization
We're looking for a software developer in content discovery and personalization who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and excited to design and implement the next generation of content discovery and personalization features. If you’re excited about learning about how to build on high throughput client facing systems delivering personalized experiences to tens of millions of people on a daily basis, and thus delight our users then this is likely the team for you.
Here are a few of the things that you’ll do:
● Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers in the design and implementation of components or features delivering highly available personalised experience and content discovery services
● Develop, maintain, improve modules in online recommendation services
● Advocate engineering best practices, including design patterns, code review and automated unit/functional testing.
● Understanding encountered performance issues and be able to improve the algorithm accordingly.
- Computer Science / Electronics Engineering is preferred.
- Familiar with java and Linux programming, has a good understanding of web services, storage systems development.
- Hands-on experiences in machine learning, especially in recommendation algorithms.
- Independent, passion for technology, open to challenges, with good communication skills.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
● Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
● Languages: ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang
● Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Tensorflow, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch
● Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike
● Tools: GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps
We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies. With that, we recognize that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialized developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
● Full stack responsive web development.
● Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
● Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
● Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
● Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.