Senior Research Engineer in Natural Language Processing
1. Engineering – Machine Learning
We're looking for a senior research engineer in advertising who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and excited to participate in cutting-edge applied research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications. As a senior research engineer, you’ll be responsible for formulating industrial problems into research questions and thus performing research to innovate solutions for content understanding and filtering. If you’re excited to work with a group of friendly and experienced machine learning researchers to build the machine intelligence to support high-performance, high-availability, scalable services, this is likely the team for you.
Here are a few of the things that you’ll do:
● Key contributor of continuous improvements in the quality of content understanding/filtering.
● Keep track of both industry and academic research trends in related areas, including but not limited to natural language processing and machine learning.
● Participate in NLP projects planning with product managers and the team based on data-driven investigation methods and industry trends.
● Propose, implement, test and verify algorithmic solutions for upcoming product features.
● Design and build systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time.
● Identify key factors, design and develop prototype, proof of concept, and demo systems for NLP component and platform
● Work closely with other research engineers to design and develop component requirements for information extraction, classification, clustering, query understanding, semantic analysis, tokenization, named entity recognition, text mining, etc.
● Participate in content genome and trending platform building activities with thorough investigation on the state-of-the-art and the technology trends in natural language processing.
● Maintenance and troubleshooting the offline and online NLP algorithms on product.
● Partner closely with other product teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness, while gaining knowledge of how ML works in all these products.
- Master degree or above. 3+ years industry experience of practical algorithm design and implementation in NLP or machine learning related fields.
- Strong mathematics, computer and machine learning background. Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in natural language processing, e.g. text classification/translation, sentiment analysis, etc. Coding skills and experiences in Python/Java/Scala/R or other related programming languages.
- Logical thinker with strong problem solving and analytical ability to apply your mathematical, algorithmic and other expertise to solve real problems.
- Ability to master new technology in short time and apply to solve practical problems.
- Passion for applied research and new technology, open to interdisciplinary work.
- Participated at least 2 team projects and played a lead role to drive the projects with others.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
- The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
- We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
● Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
● Languages: ES6, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, Erlang
● Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, React, React Native, gRPC, Spring, Spark, Tensorflow, Hystrix, Consul, Flink, Kafka, ElasticSearch
● Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, HBase, influxdb, Prometheus, Aerospike
● Tools: GitLab, GoCD, Airflow, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Slack, Google Apps
We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies. With that, we recognize that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialized developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
● Full stack responsive web development.
● Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
● Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
● Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
● Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.