Assistant Buyer - Collectibles and Novelty
BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA
Merchandising & Design – Buying
At BoxLunch, we're serious about pop culture, and using our platform as a means to end hunger. For every $10 spent in store, we're donating a meal to Feeding America.
We're looking for an Assistant Buyer that is immersed in the world of pop culture. If you can take us from Anime to Zelda, this is the team for you! You'll support the Buyer in developing compelling seasonal assortments that bring pop culture to the homes of our Customers. This role is part creative, part analytical and all collaboration.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support your team in achieving sales and margin objectives for seasonal buy plans
- Assist your Buyer in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines to augment planned assortments based on trend data You'll have a hand in everything from vendor meetings and sample management to trend analysis and analytics
- Partner with with vendors and provide an amazing experience with our brand
- Be a team player; you'll work closely with a broad array of business groups. You'll do a great job of maintaining solid relationships with our stores, vendors, distribution centers and planning teams
- Anything else that might come up!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Pop culture knowledge and passion for our product is a must!
- Associates Degree or higher, or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 year progressive experience as an Assistant Buyer
- Product Development or Merchandising knowledge is required. The more you know about product life cycle, the better!
- Deep analytical skills and quantitative abilities. You can crunch numbers and aren't afraid of the words: analysis & Microsoft Excel
- Last but definitely not least; you'll need to be a team player with a positive attitude. We're a collaborative startup, and we need team members that understand that what we're accomplishing collectively is both amazing and attributed to camaraderie and teamwork
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.